<p>I went out for drinks tonight and had a great night. Great people, fun music and delicious drinks! <br/>
I caught the tram home ($2 instead of $22. Good times) <br/>
I had 3 minutes to wait before my tram arrived and macdonalds was RIGHT THERE! Calling me to come in! So, in I went and bought nuggets and chips.</p>
As I was on the tram I was texting my crossfit coach and realised I was making a bad choice so I confessed and, true to my word, threw them away when I got home
A little tough love never goes astray.
Alexa is a great friend I met through Liz (before she abandoned me and moved back to Canada)
I weigh in with Alexa once a week and it keeps me accountable. We share out successes and our frustrations and sometimes get caught in our underwear when the police knock on the door right after our weigh in… But that’s a story for another time.
This week I have not cared about what I put In my mouth. I’ve made dreadful food choices and binged. Alexa asked if I was coming for weigh in tomorrow morning and I replied saying that if I didn’t drink and eat too much tonight, I would come.
She sent me this text and it really helped. I am now on my way home on the tram after eating 6 dumplings and drinking two wines and although I’m 310% sure I’ll have gained weight this week, I feel like I made at least one good choice this week.
A day in the life of a single lady.
1. A very unclassy (that is now a word) event I was invited to.
2. My single lady dinner, and lunch for tomorrow. Chicken, cabbage and broccoli with a butt tonne if garlic.
3. My friends Facebook status. Amen, sister.. Minus the F bombs.
It’s been a hectic day. Work was manic and it just progressed from there.
I had to skip out of crossfit halfway to take my mum to an appointment then rush to a friends house for her birthday dinner.
Today, while at work a friend told me I was really mean to her last Sunday (I have zero recollection of this) and she called me out on it.
It made me think of all the times she has upset me and I have said nothing about it. It made me realise I need to clear the air with her. I was a bit all over the shop after that and make some rubbish food choices for the rest of the day. Hello emotional eating! So, I am now lying in bed feeling physically ill and disappointed in myself. Tomorrow is a new day and new chance for me to get it right, or at least better.
I love my housemate but I really wish she wasn’t home every single night. I miss being able to relax by myself and not have to talk.
This is the face of a girl who
• did not sleep enough over the weekend.
• whos jacket is too tight.
• is about to get a remedial (aka death) massage
• may have some exciting job news, soon.
• has booked a holiday to Malaysia in January
• got drunk at “Cuzapalooza” and had to be escorted up the stairs by my 55kg mother
• laughed a lot over the weekend
• didn’t spend every waking minute thinking about her weight
• is going to visit a beautiful friend and her new baby boy tonight.
• ate healthily all day
• Is now late for her appointment
Awkward car selfies and cupcakes.
It’s been a long week at work and I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. I headed out for dinner and some
Shopping with my good friend Linda tonight. She is an amazing woman and a great friend. She fosters two little boys and has an older foster daughter too. She lives her life with such honesty and integrity and I find that super inspiring.
The cupcake- my housemate is doing it tough at the moment. The change in Australian government means that her job is under threat. She works in international aid and our new prime minister/government have scrapped most foreign aid. So, I bought her a cupcake as a little gift. Unfortunately she is on the phone in her room and now the cake is staring at me from that cute little box.
• I was meant to be going out for dinner tonight but it was cancelled. In preparation for dinner I had limited my food/weight watchers points during the day meaning I had a lot left over for dinner.
• I then ate a lot of popcorn and that made me not feel so great.
• my weight is well up from last week due to my weekend indulgences. Bum.
• most of the time I am happy being single. Tonight I wish I wasn’t.
• there are potentially some great career opportunities coming up at work. Fingers are crossed.
• girls trip to Malaysia is planned for January. Motivation!
• cuzapalooza (a day where I hang out and party with all of my cousins.. Yes,we’re cool) is on Saturday and the weather looks like its going to be perfect.
• life is pretty sweet
Your housemate is not annoying. You’re grumpy because you are tired and had a weekend of eating rubbish food and drinking enough to fill three Olympic sized swimming pools.
Pull your head in and Stop being rude and short!
Please also remember that you are too old to recover from big drinking sessions in one day.
Love Anna xx